- Users can now reset their own passwords if they lose them, so long as they have set up a secret question for their account. A new column on the Users screen shows super-users who has and has not set up their secret question.
- The Plan Status screen can show the email address of every owner of every item displayed on that screen. Just click the little blue, show their email addresses link next to the Email link below the Report Settings box.
- A new Reset button on the Users screen allows super-users to unlock a user's account and email them a new randomly-generated password with just two clicks; one on the Reset button next to the person's name and one on the "Are you sure?" dialog that pops up to confirm the email address.
- The Add User screen has been streamlined so that a super-user can supply an email address, check off the necessary permissions, and the rest of the screen fills itself out. When the super-user clicks Submit, the system now emails the new user the necessary login information.
- The system provides a randomly-generated temporary-password suggestion when a super-user changes someone else's password or adds a new user.
- A new Increase User Limits screen allows the application manager to increase their limits without picking up the phone or typing an email.
- If you have not changed your password since February 27th, you will be forced to change it the next time you log into the system. This manual password change is the only way to activate the security benefits of the 2011-02-28: Pareto Analysis release.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Easier Password Reset
Posted by Glen Peterson at 3:00 PM
Labels: new release, security
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment